I’d read about these “Green Monster” smoothies on a number of blogs and last night, after an amazing hot yoga class, I had my first one.
I followed the classic Green Monster recipe from Oh She Glows, although I ommitted the ice cubes as I was relying on my mini food processor to be a blender.
The verdict? It is awfully green and thick but overall, I loved it!
Classic Green Monster
Yield: 1 serving/2 cups
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
- 2 handfuls organic spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds OR 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp nut butter, optional
- 1-3 ice cubes
- Source: ohsheglows.com